Current 6th Grade Students Must Have Proof Of Tdap Shot To Begin School on August 10, 2016 for 7th Grade.
|CURRENT 6th Grade Students Must Have Proof Of Whooping Cough Immunization. Please submit proof of shot to school office by March 27, 2017|
|New immunization requirements for the 2016-2017 school year/SB 277: All incoming Kindergarten and 7th grade students must have current immunizations on record to begin school on August 10, 2016. California law SB 277 no longer allows personal or religious beliefs exemptions. Click here for more information.|
orchestra students NEED shoulder rests
All violin and viola players in orchestra class will be required to have a shoulder rest for their instrument. These can be purchased at Nick Rail Music Store or Sligers Music Store both in Redlands. A couple of things to remember about shoulder rests:
1) shoulder rests MUST be fit to your instrument. So when you are ready to purchase one, make sure you take your instrument to the music store so that different shoulder rests can be tried and the best fit achieved.
2) the more expensive the shoulder rest, the better it fits, stays on, and ultimately works. The less expensive ones are just fine however, and you should get the one that best fits your needs and situation.
3) ALL students MUST have some kind of shoulder rest by Monday, August 23. For some students, this may mean using a large sponge and rubber bands until an official shoulder rest can be obtained. NO student will be allowed to play violins or violas without SOME KIND of shoulder rest/pad.
4) if you will be using a school instrument, you will need to provide your own shoulder rest/pad. These will NOT be included with the school instrument.
Do you need a school instrument?
Students who will need to borrow a school instrument for the 2010-11 school year will have instruments checked out beginning Monday, August 16. Here is how the process works:
1) Check out forms will be completed by Mrs. Barton and sent home with students who will be using school instruments.
2) Parents will need to READ and sign and initial the form, keep the top copy and send the other two copies back to school with their student.
3) Once the form is signed and returned, the student may begin taking the instument home.
School instruments available to borrow: tenor saxophones, baritone saxophones, bass clarinets, trombones, french horns, baritones, tubas, violins, violas, cellos, basses. a small number of clarinets and a small number of trumpets.
Sorry, there are no flutes available to borrow from the school.
There is no charge for using a school instrument for the year, however parents are responsible for the instrument while thier child is using it.
When should I bring my instrument?
Students in Intermediate Band, Advanced Band, and Orchestra will not need to bring their instruments to school until Monday, August 16. A couple of things to remember before you bring your instrument to school:
1) make sure you have your name on the OUTSIDE of your case. No instruments will be allowed to be left in the band room unless the student's name is clearly on the outside of the instrument.
2) you can drop instruments off in the morning before school, then pick them up after school if you want.
3) instruments are always supervised by Mrs. Barton, and the room is always locked when Mrs. Barton leaves the classroom.
No "Class Files" exist(s)